Selling a house is like selling anything – it depends on how the product is presented. Having great pictures on the realty listing is one great way to getting that house sold.
Many realty companies in the Raleigh area offer sellers a virtual tour with professional photographs. The photo shoot typically takes no more than a half hour. The photographer, whether a professional or your realtor, will photograph each room, including the main living areas, kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. They will choose shots that they feel best show off the home but will be happy to take any photos requested.
Some suggestions to make the shoot go smoothly would be the following tips.
- Have the home clean and ready to photograph. Anything you DON’T want in the photos please make certain they are put away someplace that won’t be photographed.
- Light dust generally does not appear in pictures.
- Turn on all lights (overheads and lamps) but make sure ceiling fans are in the off position.
- Open all window blinds in the rooms to be photographed.
- Remove all clutter, such as mail, keys, dishes, drying racks, etc. from the kitchen countertops. Kitchens are one of the highest viewed photos.
- Pets should be kept out of the way and any pet dishes removed during photography.
- Have all cars removed from the driveway and in front of the home. Garage doors should be fully closed.
- Remove any garbage cans from the street and make sure the yard is picked up of large items or debris.
- If the home is vacant, please make sure any alarm systems are disabled before the scheduled arrival of the photographer.
All of the above items should be completed one hour prior to the photography appointment time.
The goal is to get your home sold as quickly as possible which is why taking the time to present the best image of your home is so important.
For more information go to My Triangle Homes.